Tuesday 27 September 2016

{PIN}spirational: Baby Boy

Hello crafty friends!

A special welcome to my two new followers, Leanne and Dr Sonia!

Today I'm sharing my DT post for 

Each challenge runs for two weeks and has a photo for inspiration.
There are just a few rules and these can be found on the sidebar of the {PIN}spirational blog. Any project is welcome as long as it is inspired by the photo.

Here is the delightful photo for the current challenge #175:


The sponsors for this challenge are 

All Dressed Up 


and 

Melonheadz


One of my friends is expecting a baby boy towards the end of October, so I made this card with her and her joyful bundle in mind.

I used the one of the sponsor's images for the inside of the card.

Here is my card front:



I used an image called Baby Bear from Prettygrafixdesign, which I coloured with Spectrum Noir markers. I kept the colour palette soft and neutral, using light tans, grey and baby blues. The image was fussy cut leaving a thin white border.

The background papers are from the Blissful Cotton paper pads by Anna Marie Designs. The base card was distressed around the edges and inked. The spotted paper was cut using the largest Cheery Lynn Pierced Banner die. The image was attached to the banner on foam pads; and the banner was added to the base on foam pads to give plenty dimension. 



The bunting flags were made by using the smallest Cheery Lynn Pierced Banner die and cutting the flags to a suitable size. The letters to spell out the baby's name were stamped using wooden block alphabet stamps and Vintage Photo TH distress ink. I don't mind that the edges of the rubber stamps show, as I think it adds to the shabby chic nature of the card. The flags were glued to twine and, when dry, attached to the top of the card with Pinflair Gel Glue and foam pads beneath each flag. Tiny twine bows were added at each end of the bunting.

The 'waste' from die cutting the flags was added along the bottom edge of the card.

This is the inside of the card using  All Dressed Up's 'A Star is Born' image which you can find here:



The baby bear images were coloured with Spectrum Noir markers and glued onto the strips of patterned paper. Shadows were added beneath each bear.  A piece of cotton lace was added at the top of the page and the sentiment was die cut and attached to the middle of the card. The stars were coloured and  sprinkled with holographic glitter. Two tiny hearts finished off my card.

*****
Please pop over to 
{PIN}spirational Challenges
to check out the gorgeous designs by the rest of the DT. 

We would love for you to take part in the challenge!

*****

Oh ... and don't forget to add yourself to the draw for my blog candy. 
You can find out how HERE.



Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in the following challenges:

Crafting From The Heart #129 AG 30/9
Craft Your Passion #331 AG 30/9
Crafty Friends #41 Special Occasion 7/10
The Pencil Case #29 AG 8/10
Crafting With Friends #28 AG 6/10
Simply Papercrafts #37 AG 6/10
Crafty Girls Creations #26 AG 6/10
Deep Ocean Challenge #138 AG 4/10

I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).

Thanks x
SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.