Saturday 18 June 2016

Spring Pocket Letter

Here is a Pocket Letter for one of my friends on the Pocket Letter Pals network. 
We chose a Spring theme and this was my interpretation:



I chose birds, bees and butterflies to fill the front of my PL in muted, pastel, spring colours. 

The circle-patterned background card (which Jennifer had gifted to me in her last PL) had gold dots on it, so I heat embossed gold script on to the taupe striped card to make it match. The cards were cut to ATC size (6.5cm x 9 cm) and the edges inked in Vintage Photo distress ink.


 The tag, ticket, banner and green swirls were all shop-bought embellishments.  

The birds were printed onto card, cut out and the edges inked. They were mounted on foam pads.



The bee and butterfly were heat embossed using an embossing pen and black embossing powder, then I added some extra colour using watercolour pencils and a water brush. I added some glitter, fussy cut them and attached them on foam pads for dimension. 



The flowers were die cut from faux mother-of-pearl card (that I made myself - see how hereusing a Tattered Lace flower die. A flat back pearl centre was added.

    


For embellishments I used a variety of gems, an assortment of pearls, cream cotton lace, gold stickers, a tag and wooden painted butterflies.

The back of each pocket was filled with some crafting goodies and a letter.




Pocket 1: Letter and beautiful Katie Daisy quote
Pocket 2: Selection of flat back pearl gems
Pocket 3: More pear embellishments
Pocket 4: Pink raffia and die-cut flowers with gem centres
Pocket 5: Mason Jars and gems
Pocket 6: Burlap tag and charms
Pocket 7: Sticky notes/bookmarks and painted buttons
Pocket 8: Mint tea
Pocket 9: Bird themed tags and string

xoxo


I'd like to enter these challenges:


Crafting With Friends Challenge 23 - Anything Goes



UnstampaBelles Challenges #58 - Pocket Books/Letters or Gift Card Holders




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.